Bettor In Green Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2023-2024 Outlook

COBBLEPOT

• BaoBou changed the title to Immanuel Quickley 2023-2024 Outlook

I like him as a high upside pick in the last couple of rounds. He should continue to be the Knicks’ spark off the bench and will be a good source of scoring, 3s and a sprinkling of assists. Like you said, a Lou Will/Crawford type. Thibs likes him which means a lot of playing time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IQ was a beast down the stretch last season with some of Knicks starters sidelined. Had a great game at the opening night. 

A bit undervalued in the draft imo, as he already broke out the final two weeks last March. Anyone high on him as the 6th man’s role? 

2 hours ago, Mania said:

IQ was a beast down the stretch last season with some of Knicks starters sidelined. Had a great game at the opening night. 

A bit undervalued in the draft imo, as he already broke out the final two weeks last March. Anyone high on him as the 6th man’s role? 

Yes. That's why I drafted him. I prefer him there with being able to get up his shots when he wants. 

There's another IQ thread FYI if you check the index. We talked a bit more about him there. 

Knicks fan here. The Knicks didn't opt to extend IQ's contract before the start of the season, making him an unrestricted FA going into next Summer. The rumors were saying he was looking for something comparable to Brunson's contract, which the Knicks are hesitant to give. I would expect him to go wild and have a monster season since this is a contract year for him. He still makes some questionable plays i.e. shooting a logo 3-pointer with 15+ seconds on the clock. But, Thibs loves him and he'll get all the minutes he can take.

I drafted him with my very last pick in a 12-teamer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

NBA trade season will unofficially open next week on December 15. That's when most of this past summer's signings will become trade eligible. One player who is already eligible to be traded and teams are monitoring is Immanuel Quickley of the New York Knicks.

The Knicks and Quickley didn't come to an agreement on a contract extension before the deadline at the end of the offseason. That has the scoring guard poised to hit restricted free agency this summer.

One of the ideas being floated is New York attaching Quickley to a deal that involved Evan Fournier's $18.8 million contract. Since there is a team option on Fournier's deal for the 2024-25 season, he's being treated like an expiring contract. That would see the Knicks sending out over $20 million in matching salary in a possible deal.

There's also a growing sense that the Knicks may have too many players for too few minutes. In recent weeks. Josh Hart and Quentin Grimes have both expressed displeasure with their roles. Offseason signee Donte DiVincenzo is also playing less than he did last season for the Golden State Warriors.

That could lead to New York making a package offer to upgrade their rotation. The Knicks are known to be looking to add a star player, but are also being realistic that one may not come available ahead of the trade deadline.

FRED KATZ/THE ATHLETIC

He was 47th on BBM over the final two months of last year, and I don't see any reason why he couldn't get there again with a trade and starter's minutes. He has been very up and down lately and is likely available to stash. 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

I agree with this. It was a good trade for the Knicks that squares up their starting rotation (unless they Knicks it up too much)

They might:

"Members of the New York Knicks front office believe they have enough assets to trade for a "significant player" even after acquiring OG Anunoby, according to Ian Begley of SNY.

The Knicks currently have up to eight tradeable first-round picks, including four of their own.

The team also has several trade-eligible players, including Evan Fournier and his $18 million expiring contract (Josh Hart and Miles McBride cannot be traded prior to the 2024 trade deadline).

Shams Charania added that the Knicks will always have interest in Karl-Anthony Towns, though Begley notes that a deal is unlikely considering the Timberwolves' success this year."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Josean Pelota said:

Feels like some of his numbers look good on paper but over the past month the FG, the mediocre FT, and the lack of steals hurt. 

he’s been alternating between good n bad games .. not much of a difference from the player he was in NY. basically just trading an increase in assists for a decrease in efficiency. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the note that he’s going to alternate good and bad games. As a Knicks fan, his inconsistency was concerning. He was given chances to start in NYK also but didn’t really rise to the occassion. 

He would still shoot threes from the logo with 15+ seconds on the shoot clock. That really irked me. 

He is more consistent than he was in NYC. He can clearly be a starting PG. But the challenge is FG%. I had been hoping that more set plays, and less broken plays, would help so that he could avoid late shot clock heaves. But I think he is what he is at this point. Sub 40% FG% is a problem.

You could make an argument that Olynyk helps IQ, because he will get more catch and shoot 3s. We will see.