Bettor In Green Forums

Top Prospects Lists 2024 - Comparison

Italian_guy

13 hours ago, Italian_guy said:

I checked out that first list and there's only 78 prospects instead of 100.  I don't get it, why say you're ranking the top 100 prospects and then stopping at 78?

I saw all 100 too.  And Just Baseball seems a good site too with links popping up at the bottom to top 15 prospects per team pages as the guy goes along this winter/spring.    And I like that he didn't stop with write-ups on the top 10 or so like some lists but had detailed write-ups on all 100.

Didn't know of this site before but have it bookmarked now.  The more perspectives the better I believe and the site so far is free.  Thanks, Italian_guy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2024 at 5:18 AM, Big Bat Theory said:

I saw all 100 too.  And Just Baseball seems a good site too with links popping up at the bottom to top 15 prospects per team pages as the guy goes along this winter/spring.    And I like that he didn't stop with write-ups on the top 10 or so like some lists but had detailed write-ups on all 100.

Didn't know of this site before but have it bookmarked now.  The more perspectives the better I believe and the site so far is free.  Thanks, Italian_guy!

I actually didn't know about that site it came out reading some write ups of Chris Clegg. It seemed a good reading so I shared it. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 5:15 AM, Italian_guy said:

If you mean the link from justbaseball.com I see all 100.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:18 PM, Big Bat Theory said:

There's only 78 prospects listed, not 100.  That's because there's no such thing as a pitching prospect.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Italian_guy said:

Hello Everyone.

Can you access this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WaTOYdR5y-0rutVf7k4bImUL-PAHZzBf18ZEfHOfr2k/edit?usp=sharing

If yes I hope you find it useful

I checked it out and reached it though it was jumping all over because I think you were working on it at the same time, heh.  Thanks.  I got a spreadsheet going something like this but different sites except I like JustBaseball too.  361 is behind a paywall these days so I skip it so nice to see you have it.

4 hours ago, Big Bat Theory said:

I checked it out and reached it though it was jumping all over because I think you were working on it at the same time, heh.  Thanks.  I got a spreadsheet going something like this but different sites except I like JustBaseball too.  361 is behind a paywall these days so I skip it so nice to see you have it.

361 is free for the first 100. Don't really like that list but added it too. 

If you have more list share so I can add them. Plan to add baseball prospectus and mlb pipe line. 

Can you filter the file or just see it. 

Can you download it? 

Ps don't bother about column B and the color of the player, it's something related just to my league. 

Edited by Italian_guy

10 hours ago, Italian_guy said:

361 is free for the first 100. Don't really like that list but added it too. 

If you have more list share so I can add them. Plan to add baseball prospectus and mlb pipe line. 

Can you filter the file or just see it. 

Can you download it? 

Ps don't bother about column B and the color of the player, it's something related just to my league. 

I can see it fine now and like how you highlighted 2023 rookie class and this off season's international signings too.  Our leagues won't let us take anyone in the rookie draft until the following spring nor international signings in the off season until our 5 round spring draft so this is very helpful.  Especially since everybody else who is a prospect and his third cousin are already taken in our leagues.

Also MLB has a large list of those international prospects though not integrated into their rankings.  "International" link at top of MLB Top 100 Prospects page or just click on https://www.mlb.com/prospects/international/ 

(Their ranking most of them as overall 55 is pretty funny but it gives you a base to start with and they all are either just 17 or 16 years old so I understand the inability to get more depth on them out of the gate especially since they all play in the D.R. or Venezuela where you can't monitor/see them very well).

And yes I could download your spreadsheet or rather just the link.  "Save As" only opened a blank sheet for some reason but hey as long as your link works which I saved it is fine that way!  It is beautifully set-up, very helpful and much appreciated!!!  👍👍👍

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS:  Found this site.  Prospects 1500.  Don't know anything about it really, just started exploring it.  Still only 2023 "top" list up so far.  But ... has current 2024 lists of each team 50 players long!  Tiers 1-4 have paragraph write-ups on each player.  Tier 5 (the" we don't really know" tier 🤷‍♀️) just has the names.  The first 4 tiers are the only ones you want to read anyway is my guess. 

And all players' names are also links as well to their Baseball Reference Minor League Stat page including the Tier 5 guys.  That's pretty handy.

https://www.prospects1500.com/    

So far 17 of the teams are out but looks like they put out a new team every workday.

Speaking of Baseball Reference, do they have rankings.  Too late and tired to check them out tonight.  I think they have the order drafted of the 2023 draft somewhere at least.

Edited by Big Bat Theory

I highlighted the not taken guys in my league (and the guy I own, I have a nightmare farm system right now since I sold all of them last season just to finish 3rd). 

I will highlight different 2023draftees and international so it could be helpful for all. 

Prospects1500 will publish their list too but usually they do it in February 

Here is what I call the incubator, pretty useful to redirect where you want:

https://fantasyrundown.com/2024-mlb-top-prospects/

Fantasy rundown do this every year. 

Edited by Italian_guy

2 hours ago, Italian_guy said:

Yeah I think that Fantrax one is way out of date despite how it's heading reads and using the true rookie" definitions etc as well.  Maybe international mixed in? 

I vaguely recall the chart posted last fall too.  Now the heading says December 31st but I've seen other articles on Fantrax where they just "update" opening paragraphs and not the chart itself.  I like playing on their platform but their articles are sometimes weird that way.  🤷‍♂️

I'm sure they will update soon but that list puts almost everyone 30 to 50 places lower, sometimes more, than other sites.  Some even about 100 places different.  It will screw up your "AVG" column for sure if you use this old list now.

Edited by Big Bat Theory

On 1/27/2024 at 7:54 AM, Italian_guy said:

Fantrax also has a Top 500 with prospects mixed in with MLB players which is nice.  You can compare their projection of a prospect with the major leaguers around them in the rankings giving a nice feel to the overall picture. 

Now if only projections were always totally right, haha.