Eloy Jimenez 2024 Outlook

Is this the year Eloy finally puts it all together and returns to hitting 30 HR for the 1st time since 2019?  White Sox have some decent upside on offense. They actually seem to be ready to stick him at DH so he doesn't have to worry about playing atrocious OF defense.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Is this the year Eloy finally puts it all together and returns to hitting 30 HR for the 1st time since 2019?  White Sox have some decent upside on offense. They actually seem to be ready to stick him at DH so he doesn't have to worry about playing atrocious OF defense.

Maybe, but I'm not betting on it. I base this strictly on his injury history.

USA

30 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I’m out. No

• Like 1

In no way can Eloy ‚ÄúByron Buxton‚ÄĚ Jim√©nez be trusted to stay healthy. ¬†I guess eventually both of these guys will have to have a healthy season, ¬†but do you want to be the one to draft either one of them and deal with the headaches?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 team standard 5x5 roto redraft (saves only) - 5 outfielder league (1400 max innings pitched)

C =    adley rutschman 

1B =   vinny pasquantino

2B =   bryson stott

SS =   ezequiel tovar

3B =   austin riley

MI =   brice turang

CI =   alec burleson 

DH =  sam frelick 

OF=    juan soto,  randy arozarena,  bryan reynolds,  nick castellanos,  josh lowe 

BN =  noelvi marte,  xander bogaerts

IL  =   jose miranda ,  esteury Ruiz  

SP =   logan webb,  freddy peralta,  joe ryan,  sonny gray,  seth lugo,  jake irvin

BULLPEN =  ryan helsley,  camilo doval,  james mcarthur,  david robertson,  chad green,  john brebbia 

He's made of the same glass that Buxton is. Not to mention he only has DH eligibility which clogs up your UT slot unless you play in a league with 2 UT spots or a separate DH slot

• Like 1

10 Team H2H Cats (SV+HD's instead of SV's and OPS & QS added) Keep 6 MLB & 8 MiLB - (Missed Playoffs in 2023 for first time since 2012)

C - Fry  1B - Vlad  2B - McMahon  3B -  Devers  SS -  Seager  IF - Miranda

OF (4) - Duran, Santander, Ramos, Buxton  UT - Ohtani

BE -  Volpe, K. Hayes, Donovan, Heim, Torres, N. Gonzalez, Joel, Kjerstad, Crews, Termarr Johnson, *Casas, *Friedl, *Carter, *Tucker, 

SP - Kirby, Berrios, Steele, Crochet, Fedde, Waldron, T. Myers, Spiers, L. Ortiz, Drew Thorpe, Tiedemann, *Senga, *Ray, *Yamamoto, *J. Jones

RP - Phillips, Munoz, Alvarado, Fairbanks, Cano

Farm Team: Jacob Misiorowski, Ethan Salas, Emmanuel Rodriguez, Mick Abel, Sebastian Walcott

1 hour ago, superman10679 said:

He's made of the same glass that Buxton is. Not to mention he only has DH eligibility which clogs up your UT slot unless you play in a league with 2 UT spots or a separate DH slot

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he injure himself a couple times just swinging the bat?

USA

6 minutes ago, Old School said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he injure himself a couple times just swinging the bat?

I believe he injured himself just looking at a bat once….

• Haha 2

13 team standard 5x5 roto redraft (saves only) - 5 outfielder league (1400 max innings pitched)

C =    adley rutschman 

1B =   vinny pasquantino

2B =   bryson stott

SS =   ezequiel tovar

3B =   austin riley

MI =   brice turang

CI =   alec burleson 

DH =  sam frelick 

OF=    juan soto,  randy arozarena,  bryan reynolds,  nick castellanos,  josh lowe 

BN =  noelvi marte,  xander bogaerts

IL  =   jose miranda ,  esteury Ruiz  

SP =   logan webb,  freddy peralta,  joe ryan,  sonny gray,  seth lugo,  jake irvin

BULLPEN =  ryan helsley,  camilo doval,  james mcarthur,  david robertson,  chad green,  john brebbia 

5 minutes ago, Old School said:

Heard he also pulled strained his forearm brushing his teeth¬†ūüėܬ†JK. I don't remember honestly

10 Team H2H Cats (SV+HD's instead of SV's and OPS & QS added) Keep 6 MLB & 8 MiLB - (Missed Playoffs in 2023 for first time since 2012)

C - Fry  1B - Vlad  2B - McMahon  3B -  Devers  SS -  Seager  IF - Miranda

OF (4) - Duran, Santander, Ramos, Buxton  UT - Ohtani

BE -  Volpe, K. Hayes, Donovan, Heim, Torres, N. Gonzalez, Joel, Kjerstad, Crews, Termarr Johnson, *Casas, *Friedl, *Carter, *Tucker, 

SP - Kirby, Berrios, Steele, Crochet, Fedde, Waldron, T. Myers, Spiers, L. Ortiz, Drew Thorpe, Tiedemann, *Senga, *Ray, *Yamamoto, *J. Jones

RP - Phillips, Munoz, Alvarado, Fairbanks, Cano

Farm Team: Jacob Misiorowski, Ethan Salas, Emmanuel Rodriguez, Mick Abel, Sebastian Walcott

He’s burned enough people in my league that he dropped like a rock. I drafted him basically for free and it’s worth a gamble at that spot. Sox will be awful but he’ll be hitting cleanup whenever he’s in the lineup. There’s also talk of playing him in the outfield and he could get eligibility. Will it crash and burn? Probably, but he’s pretty cheap.

• Like 1

Curious to read people's thoughts about even holding him through his latest injury. My team context is that my team is pretty desperate for power... but still, I look at his stats from last year and I look at the projections for this year, and he's not quite the monster per AB that many of us thought. Something like 25 HR 80 RBI at over 500 AB, that's almost Nate Lowe territory. Throw in that he's only available at Util, and I'm wondering if he's actually a safe drop if another power bat becomes available.

3 minutes ago, TakeItToEm said:

Curious to read people's thoughts about even holding him through his latest injury. My team context is that my team is pretty desperate for power... but still, I look at his stats from last year and I look at the projections for this year, and he's not quite the monster per AB that many of us thought. Something like 25 HR 80 RBI at over 500 AB, that's almost Nate Lowe territory. Throw in that he's only available at Util, and I'm wondering if he's actually a safe drop if another power bat becomes available.

Yea, I don't think he's that strong of a hold. He's kind of a joke to be honest. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, collucho said:

I dropped today. Let him be someone else's headache.

Same. Thought it was a decent endgame dart throw but I'm not doing weeks of treatment only to come back and re-injure himself. Experiment failed, but it's not like he cost anything this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Fuzzy_Slippers changed the title to Eloy Jimenez 2024 Outlook
  • 1 month later...