2024 All Bust Team (1st Half)

We are nearly at the halfway part of the season so here we go. I’m allowing 4 IR slots for pitchers and 4 IR slots for batters. I tried to keep active players in the active slots (1 exception) 

C: Y Diaz

1B: M Olson 

2B: O Albies 

3B: A Riley

SS: B Bichette

CI: M Busch

MI: O’Neil Cruz

OF1: C Carroll

OF2: R Arozarena

OF3: M Harris

OF4: L Thomas

OF5: J Chourio

IR: R Acuna

IR: T Turner

IR: J Jung

IR: L Robert

SP1: B Snell

SP2: J Musgrove (he sucked when he was healthy so he belongs here) 

SP3: P Lopez

SP4: K Gausman

SP5: F Peralta 

RP1: J Duran

RP2: P Fairbanks

IR: S Strider

IR: S McClanahan

IR: E Perez

IR: S Bieber

dis- Honorable mentions:

Bench: Jordan Romano

Bench: Paul Goldschmidt 

Bench: Josh Lowe

Bench: Dansby Swanson

Bench: Nico Hoerner 

IR: M Trout (every Freakin year now)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Are you just counting guys that got injured as busts, because Jung and Bieber were looking amazing before they went down?

Julio Rodriguez definitely should be on there, and Nolan Jones was really high on draft lists for some reason.

Also, how does McClanahan make a busts list, he shouldn't have been drafted?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Son of Kagura said:

Are you just counting guys that got injured as busts, because Jung and Bieber were looking amazing before they went down?

Julio Rodriguez definitely should be on there, and Nolan Jones was really high on draft lists for some reason.

Also, how does McClanahan make a busts list, he shouldn't have been drafted?

Julio is 18th overall and ranked as the 5th best OF on ESPN’s player rater. And his stock is continuing to tread upwards. It’s been a bad season to his standards but he is still being a productive member to your team. 

And yes that McClanahan addition was an oversight of mine. He shouldn’t be on there

Nolan Jones sucked and then got injured and then got injured again on the IL. I even have the guy on my deep keeper team. That is a major oversight on my part. I guess I have  mentally killed him off of my memory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Julio is 18th overall and ranked as the 5th best OF on ESPN’s player rater. And his stock is continuing to tread upwards. It’s been a bad season to his standards but he is still being a productive member to your team. 

And yes that McClanahan addition was an oversight of mine. He shouldn’t be on there

How is that even possible ?? Julio’s number are terrible. He’s been a positive in 1 cat this season (sb’s) and that’s it.  

1 hour ago, Eddie Mush said:

Nolan Jones

I was gonna say, how is Nolan not on this list? 

If anyone wants a laugh, I drafted this team in a 12-team 5x5 $$ roto league this year. Guess how well it’s doing: 

JRod 🙄

Burnes

Semien😕

Gallen

O Cruz 😕

Nolan Jones 😫

Langford😞

Munoz

Holmes

Jung🤕

Rodon

J Walker 🤦🏻‍♂️

J Holiday🤦🏻‍♂️

Pfaadt 😤

…and so on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

The entire Atlanta Braves team

Julio Rodriguez

Corbin

Randy

Goldy

Realmuto

Springer

Nolan Jones

Marcel Ozuna would like to have a talk with you….

13 team standard 5x5 roto redraft (saves only) - 5 outfielder league (1400 max innings pitched)

C =    adley rutschman 

1B =   vinny pasquantino

2B =   bryson stott

SS =   ezequiel tovar

3B =   austin riley

MI =   brice turang

CI =   alec burleson 

DH =  sam frelick 

OF=    juan soto,  randy arozarena,  bryan reynolds,  nick castellanos,  josh lowe 

BN =  noelvi marte,  xander bogaerts

IL  =   jose miranda ,  esteury Ruiz  

SP =   logan webb,  freddy peralta,  joe ryan,  sonny gray,  seth lugo,  jake irvin

BULLPEN =  ryan helsley,  camilo doval,  james mcarthur,  david robertson,  chad green,  john brebbia 

7 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

We are nearly at the halfway part of the season so here we go. I’m allowing 4 IR slots for pitchers and 4 IR slots for batters. I tried to keep active players in the active slots (1 exception) 

😄 Y Diaz

3B: A Riley

SS: B Bichette

CI: M Busch

MI: O’Neil Cruz

OF1: C Carroll

OF2: R Arozarena

OF3: M Harris

OF5: J Chourio

IR: R Acuna

IR: T Turner

IR: L Robert

SP1: B Snell

SP2: J Musgrove (he sucked when he was healthy so he belongs here) 

SP3: P Lopez

SP4: K Gausman

SP5: F Peralta 

RP1: J Duran

RP2: P Fairbanks

IR: S Strider

IR: E Perez

dis- Honorable mentions:

Bench: Jordan Romano

Bench: Paul Goldschmidt 

Bench: Dansby Swanson

Bench: Nico Hoerner 

IR: M Trout (every Freakin year now)

Gotta be Torkelson over Busch at CI, just based on draft cost. 

• Like 2

Rookies shouldn’t be considered busts because they don’t have a track record to go by. 

Disappointments, absolutely. If you consider them busts, it’s your own fault for getting high on the helium.

• Like 1

12-team roto 6x6 (AVE, OBP, R, RBI, HR, SB) (ERA, WHIP, K, K/9, QS, S+H) keeper forever (have off-season $26 salary cap for only to meet or be under by spring training).

Prices are not locked in yet, but I'm currently below the cap.

C - O'Hoppe, Hererra

1B - Mountcastle

2B - Altuve

SS - Turner

3B - Devers

MI - J. Smith

CI - Vaughn

OF - Langford, Soto, O'Neill

U - Kelenic, Westburg, Chourio

SP - Gallen, Skubal, Ragans, Sale, Bradley

RP - Gaddis, Harvey, Miller, Duran

BENCH - Carroll, N. Marte, Ober, J.Jones, R. Lewis IL

IL - McClain, Casas, Harris

MINORS - Protected

Shaw, Cameniro

4 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

54th overall player, 33rd batter and 12th OF in my standard, 5x5 ESPN league.

14 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Yikes, I have these guys all on the same team.  (somehow still 1st place though).  Love my chances if Ozzie and Olson wake up later though.

Im contemplating dropping Lowe soon tbh.  

Has Lane Thomas been all THAT bad though?   Seems like hes up and down, but has some nice hot streaks here and there.   Ofc most knew he would regress from last years results

BTW what the fuq is up with Adolis Garcia?     

Edited by Kurupt714

14 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Rookies shouldn’t be considered busts because they don’t have a track record to go by. 

Disappointments, absolutely. If you consider them busts, it’s your own fault for getting high on the helium.

You’re right. His hype was extremely high though. It was like every other pre-season YouTube video had a segment about him. And in my leagues people reached for him big time. I’d probably remove him from this list and insert Nolan Jones. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Yeah he’s not even close to top 20 in my league.

Must depend on league settings cuz in my league he's not even in the top 150 overall and he's like 40th in the outfield but that also includes guys that of eligibility but play other positions 

Edited by nygiantsfan913

48th overall, 11th ranked OF in Mixed leagues. Yesterday I was mistakenly looking at NL only rankings. Still he’s in the Top 50 and he’s steadily rising up. Is it a bit disappointing yes but I can’t lump him in with the epic busts that are on this list. Also I do remember Julio starting last year off sluggish in April and May before his elite 2nd half of the season. Maybe this is just how it’s gonna be with him?

33 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Yeah he’s not even close to top 20 in my league.

• Like 1